Monday, November 16, 2009

Mr. John.

I decided to write about an old man I see at Dillards everyday. His name is John. He is quite possibly one of the nicest/sweetest old man I've ever met.
John walks around the mall everyday, twice a day. If you live in Albany and happen to be at the mall, you will find John. He's tall and lanky with glasses and a balding head. He walks with his arms swinging past him kind of hunching over. He is one of the few men in Albany who actually wears his pants on his waist ..but.. his pants never reach the bottoms of his shoes. I adore this old man.

Every day I say hey and wish him a great day and he replies.. No you have a great day, a great great great day... he always thanks me for talking to him which warms my heart. He once told me... It's hard to find people to talk to now.. once you get older you start to lose a lot of your friends.. ( his wife died :( and I'm assuming his friends did too.. )

Another cool thing about Mr. John is that when he passes little babies in the mall, he gives them a dollar. well.. toddlers.. ..

He is such a sweet man.

I adore him so much.

No comments: